I scream! You scream! We all scream for Nice Cream! This wonderfully creamy and deliciously light ice cream is perfect for a sunny summer’s day. The banana blends down so well, making it smooth and creamy.
And the best part? It is 100% healthy! with only 2 ingredients, you will feel no guilt eating this frozen treat! I like to freeze overripe bananas and then use them whenever I feel like ice cream. It is one of the countless ways to use the overripe fruits, but it’s definitely one of my firm favourites.
Of course, if you don’t like banana, you may be slightly put-off. But wait! Don’t click away just yet! I do, in fact, have something here for you too. You can flavour your nice cream, which takes some of the banana flavour away. Honestly, it’s good either way.
|Banana Nice Cream|
Description: This creamy soft-serve ice
cream is perfect for a hot summer’s day!
Prep time: 5 mins
Serves: 6 people
Source of: Joy (and fibre + potassium)
Suitable for vegans
- 5 ripe bananas , sliced and frozen
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) plant milk
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp ground matcha
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 75 g (1/2 cup) frozen/fresh fruit
- 1 large handful mint
- 1 tbsp coffee, dissolved in the plant milk
- 1 tsp cinamon
- Combine the frozen bananas, plant milk and any extras (if using) in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or put back in the freezer until required. That’s it!
Storage instructions: will store in the freezer for a few weeks, best eaten fresh.