A stir-fry is great for hectic weeknight dinners or whenever you want a quick meal: you only have to prep the vegetables and then it cooks in about 10 minutes! It is packed full of vegetables for those all important vitamins and the cashews add some protein. I also love to pair it with my baked tofu bites which are delicious and full of protein! Serve with rice or noodles (wholemeal are my favourite!) and it’s sure to be a winner!
And while this may not be an authentic stir-fry, it is packed full of flavour and nutrition. Who doesn’t love a colourful dinner? It’s also great for school (or home) lunches!
|Super speedy vegetable stir-fry|
Description: This vegetable packed dinner
is great to make in a midweek rush!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Suitable for vegans + gluten free
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 5 carrots, sliced into thin batons
- 3 peppers, sliced into thin batons
- 300 g (approx. 2 cups + 1/2 cup) mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g (1/3 cup) cashews
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 inches ginger, minced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
- Prep your vegetables! Try and cut them as small as possible, as they will cook faster.
- Combine the garlic, ginger, chilli, cornstarch, sugar, pepper and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Heat up a wok (if you don’t have one use a large frying pan on a high heat) and add the oil.
- Fry the onions until semi-translucent, then add the carrots. Fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, and soften slightly.
- Next, add the mushrooms and, when soft, the peppers.
- Finally, add the cashews and the sauce. Once all the vegetables are coated, remove from the heat. Enjoy!
Storage instructions: Will store in the fridge for 2 days.