Halloween is one of my favourite days of the year. I absolutely love it. The pumpkins, the dressing up, the sweets. It’s one of the days that you’ll never truly outgrow. But did you know that pumpkin seeds are actually 100% edible and 100% delicious? All you need to o is season them and roast them off and voila! A great snack!
This is also a great activity to do with kids! After carving a pumpkin, little ones will love getting their hands in all the inside and separating out the seeds. After a while though, it does get a little bit tedious so you might have to finish off the job! The seeds roast best if they are fully separated and washed/ dried. Happy Halloween!
|Roasted Pumpkin Seeds|
Description: These crispy snacks are
really in the Halloween spirit!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Suitable for vegans + gluten free
- 85g (3/4 cup) raw pumpkin seeds, approx. 1 large pumpkin, washed and dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder, optional
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (345°F/ Gas mark 3). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and coat the seeds thoroughly.
- Spread out the seeds on the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the seeds over and bake for a further 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Storage instructions: Will keep for 2 days in an airtight container.