Rocky road is a low maintenance way to use up lots of the stuff in your cupboards. It’s easy, great to make with kids and delicious. It’s like a triple win! Plus, it is really quick and you don’t need to bake it!
You can pretty much throw anything into a rocky road, which is why this recipe is so vague. I used digestives, Oreos, skittles, and raisins, put pretty much anything in, from dried fruit or nuts to vegan marshmallows to puffed rice cereal, if you wanted. The choice is yours. As long as you have the ingredients for the basic chocolate part, you can add as few ingredients as you like, using this recipe as a guide.
|Vegan Rocky Road|
Description: Simple, adaptable and delicious;
this should most definitely be a
sweet staple in your household.
Prep time: 10 mins
Fridge time: 2 hours
Yields: 12 pieces
Suitable for vegans
Can be gluten + nut free
- 250g (1 cup + 1/2 cup) vegan chocolate, chopped
- 120g (1/2) vegan butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 250g (2 cups + 1/4 cup) biscuits (to make this gluten free, use gluten free biscuits), broken
- 75g (3/8 cups) dried fruit/ nuts
- 100g (1/4 cup, depending on what you are using) sweets such as skittles or marshmallows
- In a heatproof bowl, melt together the vegan chocolate, vegan butter and golden syrup. The best way to do this is using the bain marie method.
- Once this has melted, mix in all your other ingredients and put the mixture in a greaseproof lined square cake tin.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing into squares.
Storage instructions: Keep in the fridge for 1 week.